BECOME A JUDGE
Judging at JMUCC offers many opportunities to network with local leaders as well as with the next generation - some of the top business students from around the world. Using your professional experience to help delegates think critically, you help foster fruitful relationships within the Montreal business community and abroad.
LARGEST OF ITS KIND
Bringing in 24 schools to Montreal, JMUCC is the largest international undergraduate case competition.
Delegates are challenged with three 3-hour cases covering various industries and business disciplines.
UNIQUE 24-HOUR CASE
The fourth and final case is the 24-hour interactive case, where competitors are forced to be quick on their feet.
Profile of a Judge
- Significant relevant business or professional experience
- Senior or middle-level manager with decision-making ability
- Vast business knowledge in a multitude of areas
- Responsible and committed to fair judging
- Ability to work within a team of other industry professionals
- An effective listener with strong verbal communication skills
- Ideally bilingual, with some exposure to culturally diverse environments
- Ability to grasp and analyze details, including financial data, within a broad unified perspective
- Ability to evaluate effectiveness and appropriateness of presentation styles
Become familiar with the case objective during the reading and prep time
Provide an open-mind and broad perspectives when judging presentations
Participate in case briefing discussions with enthusiasm and interest
Assign scores based on judging criteria in an equitable and fair manner
Exhibit a high level of professionalism during team presentations
Provide all presenting teams with clear and constructive feedback
Network with some of Montreal’s top business executives
Meet some of the most talented business students from around the world and identify top candidates
Promote your company to a select group of individuals; corporate executives, academic leaders, and top business students
Give back to the community by supporting one of Montreal’s top business schools